Google

Monday, April 9, 2007

Really Cool Glass Vase

Don't you just love this cute little vase? I finished this vase a couple of days ago and I love how it turned out.

First, I fused two layers of clear glass (System 96) together that was 5" in diameter. Then I placed bits of glass, stringers and frit on top of the clear glass. I set up my 5" drop ring mold at a height of 3". I fired up the kiln to 1100 degrees and let it soak for 45 minutes. This allowed the colored glass to fuse slightly to the clear which saved a firing. After the soak, I slowly increased the temperature to 1300 degrees and held it until the clear glass fell through the ring and down to the kiln shelf.

I love this one so much, I have already started making a larger vase. The clear glass will be 7 1/2" in diameter and I will use my 9" drop ring mold. I am considering making this vase 6" tall, so I will need three layers of clear glass with the colored glass, frit and stringers on top.

Let me know what colors you think I should use for this vase. I'd love to hear what you have in mind!!

Christine



Check out my Fused Glass Creations!
www.mastersglassart.com

Check out my other Glass Blog!
http://glassart.wordpress.com

No comments: