Google

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Purple Glass Basketweave Bowl


I love this glass basketweave piece!! I cut strips, 1/2" wide, from a piece of Fusible Purple Opal Art Glass made by Spectrum System96 (www.spectrum.com). I also cut the same size strips from Spectrum System96 Clear Glass. I made sure I kept the purple glass strips in the exact order that I cut them from the glass, so I would keep the pattern of the glass.

The purple glass is all laid down horizontally and the clear glass is laid down vertically. To get a basketweave effect, I laid half of the purple strips on the bottom, then I laid half of the clear on top of the purple and then I repeated those steps. I had four layers of glass which I put in my kiln and fused it so there was some dimension in the strips. I then put the fused strips in a bowl mold to get the rounded shape.

Christine


Check out my Fused Glass Creations!
www.mastersglassart.com

Check out my other Glass Blog!
http://glassart.wordpress.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting article as for me. I'd like to read something more concerning that matter. Thanks for giving that information.
Joan Stepsen
Hi tech gadgets