Google

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Lacy Yellow on Black Glass


Isn't this a neat plate? I made some yellow glass lace and then fused it to two layers of black glass. Then I slumped the entire glass piece in a square slumper mold.

The glass lace is really fun to make. I have been experimenting with it for a couple of months now. Most of the first ones I made were disasters. They weren't lace at all. Sometimes I would get a solid piece of glass and other times I would get only a couple of large holes.

I have gotten better at it. Right now, I have a drop mold vase that has glass lace fused to it in my kiln right now. I think it will turn out really nice.

Sometime, I will describe how I make glass lace.

Christine


Check out my Fused Glass Creations!
www.mastersglassart.com

Check out my other Glass Blog!
http://glassart.wordpress.com

No comments: