Google

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Kiln is Up and Running and I am Making Lots of Different Glass

Ever since we got the new element installed, I have been firing glass everyday. I made a really cool glass plate! I fused a layer of black glass over a layer of clear glass, then I put my yellow glass lace on top. After fusing all these layers together, I slumped it into an 8" square slumper. I am really happy about that one.

I also slumped some green Kokomo glass into a soap dish mold.

I love basketweave projects. I cut some purple and white opal art glass from Spectrum (www.spectrum.com) into 1/2" strips. I also cut strips with clear glass. Then I laid half of each glass down, so I ended up with four layers of glass. I fused this piece of glass and then slumped it into a Ball mold. It turned out great!! I will take pictures of all these things in a few days, so I can show you what I am talking about :)

Today, my husband and I glued bails onto a slew of pendants I made. I am glad that job is finished.

Christine


Check out my Fused Glass Creations!
www.mastersglassart.com

Check out my other Glass Blog!
http://glassart.wordpress.com

No comments: