Google

Friday, March 9, 2007

Haven't been able to use my kiln

Last Saturday, I was doing some minor maintenance to my kiln. I was vacuuming out a few things that had fallen to the bottom of my kiln. I was also securing the elements when something happened and one of the elements broke right in half. What a bummer!! :(

I ordered more elements from a great website, www.kilnelements.com. The owner, Stan Horton, was willing to make the elements for my kiln on Sunday and have them in the mail early Monday morning. I received them on Wednesday!! Wow, what service.

My husband and I installed the new element on Thursday, but we needed a heavy duty crimper to finish the job. We went to the "Big City" on Friday, today, and bought what we needed, plus a few other things :)

When we got home, we finished installing the element and fired the kiln up with nothing else in the kiln. It must be to burn off any residue from the new element.

I am all ready to fire some glass tomorrow!!

Christine


Check out my Fused Glass Creations!
www.mastersglassart.com

Check out my other Glass Blog!
http://glassart.wordpress.com

No comments: