Google

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Got out of my rut for the time being.


It had been three weeks since I put any glass in my kiln, until a couple of days ago. I went to my basement to grind some edges off some glass so I could drape them over a mold and get some small candle holders. The next day I put them in my kiln for firing and the next day I had three cute candle holders.


When I was in my work area, I also designed, cut and ground the glass for two pendants. I received two custom orders, each one for a pendant. When I get the dichroic glass for the other custom order, then I can make that pendant. Since I have a large ceramic kiln, I like to make a whole slew of pendants, enough to fit the kiln shelf, before I fuse them. I like to conserve whenever I can.


So, I will be busy for awhile, making more pendants!! I don't mind, this is what I love to do!! This will give me a little boost every day to make a few pendants.


Christine


Check out my Fused Glass Creations!


No comments: