Google

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Back from a short vacation

Here I am in our garage taking a candle holder out of our kiln.

My husband and I just got back from celebrating our 15 anniversary!! We just went away for two nights and just relaxed and enjoyed each others company.


There was a cold spell and our water line had froze, so we don't have any water and we don't know how we can speed along the unthawing, since it isn't getting above freezing.


The earrings that I fire polished turned out great! Now I need to put them together and put pictures on our website. I need to make some candle holders by draping some scrap glass over a ceramic cone mold. I hope to do that tomorrow or the next day.


All for now!

Christine


Check out our Fused Glass Creations!

2 comments:

quirky lis said...

Hi Christine,

I saw the comments you left in my blog, not sure if it's good idea to leave the reply in my blog, in case you are not checking back. I got epoxy adhesive for my bail eventually, and not only it bonds quickly, it's very secure.

However, I read that pregnant woman should refrain from inhaling the vaporation of the adhesive, as it may has adverse effect. When it is dried up that's fine.

There is a great place Etsy whereby you can sell your stuffs, I have set up mine. (You may go back to my blog to get the address, don't want to use your blog to do marketing)

I'd tried E6000, bonds area around 10mm-12mm (ring base pad and bobby pin), but bails a little tad too small, so it doesn't hold.

Hope it helps...Lis

quirky lis said...

Hi Christine, I don't exactly sell jewelry, but I included that into my sale range though. I am more a button person. I started off with something totally unrelated, greeting cards, gift cards, bookmarks!

I eventually started to make buttons out of my artwork (A friend encourages me to do that) I started to explore into Etsy (this friend in San Fransisco sells there too) and start my Etsy store there. My etsy store is www.saplanet.etsy.com.

I am hesitant to leave my email addy here, if you wish to learn more about Etsy, you may wish to visit my website at www.simpleartsplanet.com, and under 'contact us', send an email to me (Only i have access to it, so no worries) so that we can communicate via email. (I should have your email addy when you send the email to me eh)

Etsy is a wonderful place, people there are warm and helpful. Fused glass seems to be a good trade in there though, as far as I am aware of.

Cheers...
Lis