Google

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Elegant Yellow Transluscent Candle Bridge


I have been so busy with the Art Festival last weekend. Before the Festival I was making glass and getting ready to do the show by myself by setting up everything by myself. Now, after the Festival, I am resting up and unpacking. The Festival was a lot of work, but I really enjoyed it.
I did fairly well at the Festival. I grossed the most I have ever done on any other Craft Fair. However, I'm not rich by any means :)
I loved talking to the people who came up to my booth to look at my Glass Art.
The yellow candle bridge at the top of this post is one item I sold for $22. I just made it a week ago. Luckily, I got a photo of it. The last four glass pieces I did before the show, I didn't get a chance to take a photo and one of the large plates sold at the Festival!! I'm not complaining, but I like to have photos of all my glass.
Anyway, about this yellow candle bridge, it is a pretty new mold for me and I have made four or five different colors and decorations. It's hard to see what I did with the black stringers, but I had a total of five stringers. I bent three of them in a candle flame in different configurations. I just tried this technique for this piece. I learned about the technique on www.warmglass.com. All I did was hold the stringer in the flame for 10 seconds and then quickly bend it as far as I wanted to. It was very easy and I didn't break any of them. One stringer has one bend and the other two have two or three bends. I know that I will be trying this again on other glass pieces.
Christine
Check out my Fused Glass Creations!
www.mastersglassart.com

Check out my other Glass Blog!
http://glassart.wordpress.com

No comments: