Google

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Wine Bottle Spoon Rest


I bought a new mold a few weeks ago, so I could slump/fuse wine bottles for spoon rests. I love how this mold slumps a wine bottle. The neck is lifted up from the surface, so it is easy to grab and move. The middle part of the bottle makes a nice bowl shape -- the sides are raised up.

This wine bottle doesn't have to be a spoon rest. There are so many other uses, such as serving appetizers or any type of food, or it can hold any small trinkets or keys or jewelry. It also looks good on a stove or counter top.

Christine


Check out my Fused Glass Creations!
www.mastersglassart.com

Check out my other Glass Blog!
http://glassart.wordpress.com

1 comment:

Aramica said...

Hello Christine,

I love the idea of slumping bottles. You do have nice items on your website. I'm more into glass blowing and bead making than fusing and slumping, but would love to do it oneday.

I sell squashed bottles since they go very well with my Cheese knife, it makes a wonderful cheese platter.

Have a look at what I do www.aramica.co.uk