Google

Monday, February 26, 2007

Pendants and More Pendants!

When I have an arts and crafts fair coming up, I like to make a whole bunch of glass pendants at one time, so I can fire them all at the same time. The shelf size in my ceramic kiln is about 18". I like to try and use most of the shelf and this requires a lot of pendants!

I have been making some unique glass pendants and I can't wait to fire them. I am ready to put one batch of them in today.

Yesterday, I fused a Belvedere Vodka Bottle. I put a loop in the top, which fuses right into the glass and allows for hanging on the wall. The fused bottle can also be used as a small serving plate, a trivet, or a spoon rest. Since it is snowing right now, I haven't bundled up to go out to our garage to see how it turned out. I will be doing that right now and then I will put the batch of pendants in for firing today.

Christine


Check out my Fused Glass Creations!
www.mastersglassart.com

Check out my other Glass Blog!
http://glassart.wordpress.com

2 comments:

jensstudio by jenie yolland said...

HI, love your work!
When you say "Loop" what is the loop made of? Look forward to pictures.
Thanks for sharing your work.
jenie yolland

Christine said...

Thanks!! I'm really glad you like my work!! It's nice to hear (write) that you think so :)

Thanks for the question, too. The "loop" is a piece of cooper wire that is fairly thick. Sometimes I curl the ends into a swirl and the ends are inside the bottle. I put a loop or curve in the copper that sticks out of the bottle and this allows the bottle to hang on the wall or in your window as a suncatcher.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the fused bottle with the loop on this blog, but you can see a picture on my website at http://www.mastersglassart.com/336905_Fused_Grey_Goose_Bottle_Trivet.html
I am planning on adding more pictures now that I have a little more time. I had a Craft Fair last weekend, so I was getting ready for that. Now I have new glass pieces that I made for the Craft Fair and I will put those up on this blog.
Thanks again,
Christine